- FIRE SUPPRESSION IN WORSHIP CENTER -Our sanctuary was built at a time when fire suppression or sprinkler systems were not required in a sanctuary building. The current codes do require this as well as many insurance requirements for new buildings. If there are any additions to the current sanctuary square footage the code requires installing a sprinkler system. The next step for this budget line item would be to engage the services of a fire sprinkler contractor who could provide an initial budget estimate. The cost of this item is heavily dependent on the current capacity of the underground water piping to the building so we will find out if the capacity is sufficient without an upgrade.
- NARTHEX RENOVATION – this renovation includes enclosing both ends of this narthex area, as well as creating an enhanced facade at the front of the building. There are a number of options that we need to narrow down for the next stage of pricing.
- LEVEL SANCTUARY FLOOR – The scope of this work involves changing the sloped floor in the sanctuary to a level flat floor with individual seating. The ability to move seating and change seating in the sanctuary area gives a tremendous amount of flexibility to the many types of programs we use. In addition, this flooring would allow cable tracks for many of the possible multi-use configurations. It will also include expansion of the current stage and moving the choir.
- ENCLOSED SECURED CORRIDOR – This line item is made for improvements to the area between the sanctuary and the existing administrative building. This would become an enclosed courtyard securable. We need to narrow down the scope so that this area can be effectively priced.
- HVAC IN GYMNASIUM – For quite some time we have talked about air conditioning the gym which would allow it to be used in warmer weather more comfortably. The scope of this work would also require us to look at and study the insulation properties of the gym along with the roofing insulation. We will start this study to see what insulation requirements would be needed. The insulation study is important as more insulation reduces the operational costs of the units over time.
- ADDITIONAL ITEMS: FURNITURE FIXTURES & EQUIPMENT (FF&E) is simply a budget line item for the furniture and fixtures that would be required for the narthex renovation in the sanctuary. We will need to narrow the scope down and allocate monies to each individual item. MEDIA CENTER EQUIPMENT item is simply a budget line item for the media center equipment. We need to narrow the scope down so that we can see what options we would have most of these items can be used standalone. PLAYGROUND line item is for improvements to our school’s playground area. The next step would be to get with a playground contractor for Preliminary pricing and playground options. This budget line item can stand on its own and can be done at any time.
- Faith’s Architectural Committee Meet agree to the scope of work
- Enlist contractor (with the help of CDH-Partners) to Bid project (estimates)
- Report to Congregation
- Voter Approval