Faith Lutheran Church
Worship Notes Help
· In Scripture the “Law” consists of commands or rules: “what we should do, should not do, and how to live.”
· The Law is about what we do or do not do, or God’s judgment on us.
· It shows our sin (mirror), threatens our sinning and accuses us of doing evil (curb), and helps us to make decisions when we desire to do what is God pleasing (guide).
· The Gospel is all about what GOD DOES FOR US. It is free.
· We do nothing in the Gospel, but Christ does it all.
· The Gospel is about the sacrifice of Christ on the cross and God’s Love for us.
· If the Pastor talks about what God has done or is doing for us that is Gospel.
|THE LAW||SOS Shows Our Sin|
|THE GOSPEL||SOS Shows Our Savior|
Go and tell others of the Good News of Jesus Christ.
· Since this is telling us that we should DO something, this is LAW
God sent His Son to die on a cross for your sins and mine.
· Since this is telling us of what Christ has done for us, this is GOSPEL
Get in Touch
- © Faith Lutheran Church