Holy Communion at Faith
We invite everyone before participating in Lord’s Supper at Faith, to consider their life in Christ Jesus.
Here are 5 question to yourself…
- Do I believe that I am a sinner in need of God’s mercy and grace in Jesus Christ?
- Do I believe that Jesus Christ is my Savior?
- Have I been baptized and in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit?
- Do I believe that in the bread and wine of the LORD’S Supper, the very body and blood of Christ are truly present for the forgiveness of my sins and the strengthening of my faith?
- Do I promise with the help of the Holy Spirit, to turn from my sin and live my life by faith in Jesus Christ?
As you come to Our Lord’s table you may wish offer the following prayer to prepare yourself to receive the Body and the Blood of Christ.
Prayer before Communion
Dear Savior, at your grace gracious invitation I come to your table to eat and drink Your holy body and blood. Let me find favor in your eyes to receive this gift in faith, for the forgiveness of my sins, the strengthen of my faith, the salvation of my soul, and to the glory of Your name. Amen.
Prayer of Thanks after Communion
Holy Spirit, I thank You that You have refreshed me with this gift of Christ’s holy body and blood. Bless my eating and drinking that I may depart from Your presence with peace and joy in the knowledge I have been forgiven in Jesus name. Amen.